Skip to main content

This might be a little over the top...not

A Rogue Ale press release:

A limited release fresh-hop beer, Independence Hop Ale was brewed in two 50-barrel batches, following the harvest cycle of the hops. The first batch was brewed with 500 pounds of fresh, unkilned Centennial hops. The second was brewed a week later with 750 pounds of wet Cascade hops picked, stuffed into sacks, driven 77 miles to Newport and tossed in the brew kettle before they had a chance to start drying. After fermentation, the two batches were blended together. The result is a light copper-colored, unfiltered ale marrying the two distinctive hop characters of each batch.Independence Hop Ale is brewed with 8 ingredients: Two-row, Munich, Caramel Wheat and Carafoam malts, fresh, unkilned Centennial and Cascade hops, proprietary Pacman yeast and free range coastal water.

I would like to point out the part in "bold" print. I'm all about giving one's self to the ale gods, but this takes it to a whole new level.

As a Rogue Nation member in good standing, I am a little upset that I was not called up to be the designated driver.

Comments

Travel said…
"free range water" that is a new level of marketing hyperboli, I wonder if they confined it to a pipe and forced it into the brew kettel, or did they just leave the top off and let it run in on it's own, maybe enticing it with a polite "here rain, come over here!"

Designated driver or designated drinker?

I want a bottle of the gin.

DG
WickedHamster said…
Impressive indeed! But... wouldn't "coastal" water be a bit salty? I mean, I know I'm a new citizen and likely don't have a complete understanding, but I'm just sayin'...
Woodchuck said…
Designated driver or designated drinker?

Good question, Since I'm drinking the Rogue Rum now, I quess that means that the Hops would be safe with me and make me the perfect choice.
WickedHamster said…
You've got my vote. Wait a minute... I can make that an Imperial appointment, can't I? HamsterLand is so much more efficient than "democracy".
Unknown said…
I need that ale like Ted Kennedy needs lifejackets in his car...

Popular posts from this blog

Wild cow and Druish Deities

I have been blessed with being able to drive some of the most unbelievable roads ever paved. Last week I found myself on HWY 108 in Central California. 130 Miles 26% grade 9624 at the summit 4 hours to drive this route This photo is looking west just down from the summit. I could live here with the wild cows. A lone wild cow at the 9000 foot level just making sure that nobody is speeding along.

1st car?

So, what did you drive to High School, what was your first car? Did you have a 'love of you life" car? First Car: 1953 Cadillac Coupe DeVille Cars I drove to High School: 1953 Caddillac Coupe DeVille 1962 Impala SS Convertable 1971 Corvette Convertable 1960 Austin Healy Convertable 1964 Cadillac Eldorado convertable "Love of my life" car: 1962 Impala SS Convertable 1960 Austin Healy convertable

Madison, WI.

The whole theme today was a Woodchuck and his ale. I found a nice little place in downtown Madison, WI. called the Great Dane Pub & Brewing Company. This was one of the best IPAs I've had east of the Rockies. Fun little place to go and the food was not to bad either. Traveling the Globe...ok, just the North American continent in search of the perfect pint on IPA. Hops, they are not just for breakfast anymore.