Skip to main content

Flying High



Not what you were thinking....

After getting through the TSA security lines, I managed to pop out of my travel bag for a little look around. I just love to fly, the view is just wonderful most of the time. But, I must admit that 7 hours sitting on an airplane can be just a little to much at times.

So, my big questions for the week are this: why does everyone think that the new TSA rules about what you can and can not bring on to the airplane does not include them? Why does everyone think that the little luggage size thingy, "your bag must fit into here" is just a suggestion?

My thoughts on the subject, if you can not lift your own bag, check it. If you have to have 3 people try to push it into the overhead storage compartment, check it. If the peanut pusher(flight attendant) says that it should be checked, check it.

And most important of all, if I'm on the airplane, check it. You just don't want to piss me off.

Thank you and good night.

Comments

Kelsgarden said…
a whole generation growing up watching Dr. Who - they just think everything will fit like in the Tardis
Anonymous said…
Looks like a certain Furry Woodland Creature got an upgrade? Or has the scenery in the Cattle section got better? Enquiring Squirrels must know....
Woodchuck said…
Yes I did, traveling in style wraped in leather.
Anonymous said…
Hey, that looks comfortable! Our next flight is next week, road trip this week.

I would like to see a limit on carry on baggage. The things that people try to stuff in the overhead bins! My grandmother came from the "old country" with less luggage then what people try to carry on.

DG
WickedHamster said…
People are stupid. They will be reduced to mere chattle when the rodents take over.
Bert said…
Checking it now.
WickedHamster said…
PS: Nice to hear from you again, Sq. It's been a while.
Unknown said…
I'm feeling outnumbered my small woodland creatures here...I had a rabbit once...or should I say she owned me? Pretty much the latter.

As for your questions about why people don't think rules apply to them...because we're Americans and typically have a sense of entitlement about us. I don't mean that to sound snarky, but it's true. Anywhere else in the world people have been used to this kind of scrutiny forever.

Popular posts from this blog

Wild cow and Druish Deities

I have been blessed with being able to drive some of the most unbelievable roads ever paved. Last week I found myself on HWY 108 in Central California. 130 Miles 26% grade 9624 at the summit 4 hours to drive this route This photo is looking west just down from the summit. I could live here with the wild cows. A lone wild cow at the 9000 foot level just making sure that nobody is speeding along.

1st car?

So, what did you drive to High School, what was your first car? Did you have a 'love of you life" car? First Car: 1953 Cadillac Coupe DeVille Cars I drove to High School: 1953 Caddillac Coupe DeVille 1962 Impala SS Convertable 1971 Corvette Convertable 1960 Austin Healy Convertable 1964 Cadillac Eldorado convertable "Love of my life" car: 1962 Impala SS Convertable 1960 Austin Healy convertable

Madison, WI.

The whole theme today was a Woodchuck and his ale. I found a nice little place in downtown Madison, WI. called the Great Dane Pub & Brewing Company. This was one of the best IPAs I've had east of the Rockies. Fun little place to go and the food was not to bad either. Traveling the Globe...ok, just the North American continent in search of the perfect pint on IPA. Hops, they are not just for breakfast anymore.