Skip to main content

Recap of Florida.

It rained on us. Yes, I'm the only guy in the world that can go from the Pacific Northwest to sunny Florida and have it rain on me. Just remember that every silver cloud has a dark lining.

It was very long and we spent most of the time inside. Squirrel and I did manage to find a very nice little brew pub that had a lovely little Amber ale. Not bad considering that we were in a beer wasteland.

The meetings were long, not very well planned. We could have cut at least two days off the schedule if we had just used our time better and still covered more information than we did. Did I mention that Squirrel and I found a nice little pub?

So, I fly to the Dallas airport from West Palm Beach and taxi to gate C31 so that I can get off the airplane and run to catch my connecting flight, my connecting flight is departing from gate A14 in 40 minutes and the plane from West Palm Beach is 10 minutes late getting to the gate. I was the last person to board the plane and was stuck in the back of the bus. I had a nice view of the engine. In case you are wondering, C31 is at the far end of the terminal from the A concourse and A14 is at the other end of the A concourse from the C concourse. Also, C31 means just that, there are 31 gates until you reach the sky bridge to get to concourse A and start at A32 and start running down the gates to A14. I made it home late as the plane from Dallas to Portland was rerouted because of bad weather all over the country. We were going to fly a 38,000 feet, but instead flew at 22,000 to 29,000 feet and flew over the Grand Canyon and up through Northern California instead of the normal flight path of up the east side of the Rockies and around Denver and over to the North West. I'm just not a fan of the MD80 airplane. I prefer anything that does not have the engines less that 4' from my ear.

I'm home for the weekend and then off to southern California.

Comments

Kelsgarden said…
yadda, yadda - forget about all this travel nonsense - did he tell you about his new computer? Hello - loaded with MSN, guess who can IM me from across the room -

annoying - oh, that would be stating the obvious
Woodchuck said…
you have mail....
Kelsgarden said…
and a nudge
Kelsgarden said…
and a wink
Woodchuck said…
to a blind bat...
Anonymous said…
Cold and wet in Florida, well it is the dead of winter, even in the sub tropics.

I hate those 40 minute connections. NW has given me a 32 minute "legal" connections in Memphis a couple of times. I have made that one a couple of times (they re-opened the airplane door to let me on one night.)

It is good to have you back with us for a few days.

DG
Unknown said…
I was 2 hours late getting home. My first plane was DOA, second plane couldn't get to gate due to DOA plane not being towed out. Second gate was blocked due to idiot, minimum wage aircraft fueler overloading said aircraft to the point where it was WAY over it's gross take-off weight. Finally, got out of 3rd gate only to have some drunk schmo pass out in the aisle somewhere over Nebraska. He was promptly tended to by the 2 Navy SEALs that were sitting behind me and just happened to be paramedics. Geesh, I'm rambling like Mrs. Woodchuck...
Unknown said…
Again...if they have to number all the way up to C31 would it have KILLED them to use a new letter?

Seriously, you're in the mindset that "C" to "A" just can't be that far apart...I'm going to propose a bill that they can only number gates 1-10 and then airports must start a new letter. It's only common sense.
Bert said…
We could use MSN - but we just shout at each other down our long flat (work rooms at opposite ends), mishear/don't hear at all... and then argue later.
Bert said…
WHADDYA MEAN I'M COMPLAINING AGAIN?
Kelsgarden said…
yeah - what is the problem with yelling across the house - SOMEONE here keeps popping his head in the room, making a rude comment about manners and talking to people in the other room - only confirming that he is hard of hearing . . .

Popular posts from this blog

Wild cow and Druish Deities

I have been blessed with being able to drive some of the most unbelievable roads ever paved. Last week I found myself on HWY 108 in Central California. 130 Miles 26% grade 9624 at the summit 4 hours to drive this route This photo is looking west just down from the summit. I could live here with the wild cows. A lone wild cow at the 9000 foot level just making sure that nobody is speeding along.

1st car?

So, what did you drive to High School, what was your first car? Did you have a 'love of you life" car? First Car: 1953 Cadillac Coupe DeVille Cars I drove to High School: 1953 Caddillac Coupe DeVille 1962 Impala SS Convertable 1971 Corvette Convertable 1960 Austin Healy Convertable 1964 Cadillac Eldorado convertable "Love of my life" car: 1962 Impala SS Convertable 1960 Austin Healy convertable

Madison, WI.

The whole theme today was a Woodchuck and his ale. I found a nice little place in downtown Madison, WI. called the Great Dane Pub & Brewing Company. This was one of the best IPAs I've had east of the Rockies. Fun little place to go and the food was not to bad either. Traveling the Globe...ok, just the North American continent in search of the perfect pint on IPA. Hops, they are not just for breakfast anymore.