Skip to main content

I feel like I'm in Blazing Saddles...

Picture the scene in the movie with the Governor responding to the question...Do I dare say...Dare, Dare....


I keep going back and looking at a mid-life type of "I'm going to catch hell" kind of dilemma.

I have found a street rod type of 1963 BMW R69 bike. It has a custom front suspension with a Norton wind screen, Ducati fuel tank and period style saddle bags. The paint is black with red fogged into the tank around the leg rest. The frame is painted red to match the fogged in color on the tank and fenders. The engine is from a later model BMW 1000cc bike with custom built stainless steel spoke wheels. I'm to scared to even take pictures of it as DW has been a good sport listening to me talk about it. But, I do believe that if I start bringing home pictures of it I just might find myself sleeping with the worm in a bin.

I don't really think I need or even want the bike. It really is pretty and needs a good home. I just am at that point when I think I should have a mid-life thing and I would rather plan it out so that I don't waste it on something completely stupid like fur implants or such.

Comments

Travel said…
Talk Mr Squirel into buying it, then you don't have to worry about composting, and you can visit and play with it. Stay away from the fur implants, sewing machine hair looks silly.

DG
WickedHamster said…
Yeah, I know what yo mean! I conquered Scotland for my mid-life crisis. Yet somehow I still be a bit unfulfilled... Tricky business that. You're still young enough to postpone a few years. Save up and have a crisis with a Mini.
Me said…
My eyes glazed over all those details in the 2nd paragraph but the answer is simple.

What does the wife say?
Unknown said…
If you take the 5th wheel, ski rack, cargo carriers, brake controllers and counter mats out of my garage, I may have a home for it right next to the kegarator.
Kelsgarden said…
yeah, I drove bythe other day and was going to stop in and buy you that bike. . . but they were closed, or I forgot hte checkbook, or we needed groceries and more garden crap or something

no, really - seriously drove by an thought about it

Popular posts from this blog

Wild cow and Druish Deities

I have been blessed with being able to drive some of the most unbelievable roads ever paved. Last week I found myself on HWY 108 in Central California. 130 Miles 26% grade 9624 at the summit 4 hours to drive this route This photo is looking west just down from the summit. I could live here with the wild cows. A lone wild cow at the 9000 foot level just making sure that nobody is speeding along.

1st car?

So, what did you drive to High School, what was your first car? Did you have a 'love of you life" car? First Car: 1953 Cadillac Coupe DeVille Cars I drove to High School: 1953 Caddillac Coupe DeVille 1962 Impala SS Convertable 1971 Corvette Convertable 1960 Austin Healy Convertable 1964 Cadillac Eldorado convertable "Love of my life" car: 1962 Impala SS Convertable 1960 Austin Healy convertable

Madison, WI.

The whole theme today was a Woodchuck and his ale. I found a nice little place in downtown Madison, WI. called the Great Dane Pub & Brewing Company. This was one of the best IPAs I've had east of the Rockies. Fun little place to go and the food was not to bad either. Traveling the Globe...ok, just the North American continent in search of the perfect pint on IPA. Hops, they are not just for breakfast anymore.