Skip to main content

While I sit...

I'm sitting in the dinning room on one of the rodent's new computers thinking that the weather gods must be somewhat back to normal as it's raining, no realllllly raining here. The beautiful wind is a blowing which rattles the house a little.

I went to a 50th birthday party for friend last night and ran into someone that I went to high school with. She was 3 years behind me and I could not remember anything about her. Not even the name rang a bell. Now the fun part...she knew me. Started off on stories about me and as she was going through them....crap, I remember that...and that....and that, OK that's more than we need. Did I just go through high school and not really care about anything? I mean that this is not the first time I have run into someone that knows me and I can't recall anything. And then there is DW standing there asking more questions about things I can't even dispute if I wanted to. However, I did in fact fill this girls parent's Volvo with very large stuffed animals from Circus Circus in Reno during my senior year. Not to mention that I also filled the limousine that we had driven down as well. I then gave them out to girls back home. It seemed like a good ideal at the time.

Comments

Travel said…
I have been to my last High School reunion, well maybe a 75th or something is there are still 2 people alive at that point.

Were there any sheep or penguins in the haul from Reno?

DG
WickedHamster said…
There is a very positive spin you can put on this. Obviously you were MUCH more memorable than any of them were! From what I know of you, I can easily see that would be the case.
Me said…
.... typically I'm the one remembering all the nitty gritty details of everything 'back then' although I only share them with the one or two people I still talk to from HS. I didn't go to my 20th that was held this past summer. No reason. I just couldn't make myself do it.
Kelsgarden said…
every time we run into someone they have VOLUMES of memories about you - I try not to judge you

Popular posts from this blog

Wild cow and Druish Deities

I have been blessed with being able to drive some of the most unbelievable roads ever paved. Last week I found myself on HWY 108 in Central California. 130 Miles 26% grade 9624 at the summit 4 hours to drive this route This photo is looking west just down from the summit. I could live here with the wild cows. A lone wild cow at the 9000 foot level just making sure that nobody is speeding along.

1st car?

So, what did you drive to High School, what was your first car? Did you have a 'love of you life" car? First Car: 1953 Cadillac Coupe DeVille Cars I drove to High School: 1953 Caddillac Coupe DeVille 1962 Impala SS Convertable 1971 Corvette Convertable 1960 Austin Healy Convertable 1964 Cadillac Eldorado convertable "Love of my life" car: 1962 Impala SS Convertable 1960 Austin Healy convertable

Madison, WI.

The whole theme today was a Woodchuck and his ale. I found a nice little place in downtown Madison, WI. called the Great Dane Pub & Brewing Company. This was one of the best IPAs I've had east of the Rockies. Fun little place to go and the food was not to bad either. Traveling the Globe...ok, just the North American continent in search of the perfect pint on IPA. Hops, they are not just for breakfast anymore.