Skip to main content

The Great Question

If you could have anyone...I mean anyone for your super group, who would you pick? This question was asked the other day by an on air radio personality and I was just wondering to my self as to who I would put into such a musical group?


I think the first thing that would need to be set is the type of music and should you build your super group around that. I mean that I would choose Steve Harris from Iron Maiden as my bass player, but you could not really put him along side BB King. Or could you, that is the question.

After a week or so of thinking here is what I've come up with so far:

Singer

Geoff Tate - Queensryche

Bass Player

Steve Harris - Iron Maiden

Lead Guitar

Unknown at this time- possible choices might be: George Lynch (Dokken,Lynch Mob),Rik Emmett(Triumph), Brad Gillis(Night Ranger)Steven Gaines(Lynyrd Skynyrd)


Lead Guitar

Ditto-Kenny Wayne Shepherd,Buck Dharma,


Rhythm Guitar

Rudolf Schenker - Scorpions


Drums

Neil Peart-Rush, John Bonham-Led Zeppelin

As this is a list based on one's own taste in music. I do understand that there are some serious omissions in this list such as Jimi, Eric and such on Guitar. I believe that when you put together your dream group, you have a sound in mind that you are going to create and as such, putting together muscians that will actualy be able to create the sound that you want. I just don't see putting Muddy Waters with Eddie Van Halen together.

Comments

Travel said…
Real talent can easily cross discipline. I would include a good keyboard master.

DG

Popular posts from this blog

Wild cow and Druish Deities

I have been blessed with being able to drive some of the most unbelievable roads ever paved. Last week I found myself on HWY 108 in Central California. 130 Miles 26% grade 9624 at the summit 4 hours to drive this route This photo is looking west just down from the summit. I could live here with the wild cows. A lone wild cow at the 9000 foot level just making sure that nobody is speeding along.

1st car?

So, what did you drive to High School, what was your first car? Did you have a 'love of you life" car? First Car: 1953 Cadillac Coupe DeVille Cars I drove to High School: 1953 Caddillac Coupe DeVille 1962 Impala SS Convertable 1971 Corvette Convertable 1960 Austin Healy Convertable 1964 Cadillac Eldorado convertable "Love of my life" car: 1962 Impala SS Convertable 1960 Austin Healy convertable

Madison, WI.

The whole theme today was a Woodchuck and his ale. I found a nice little place in downtown Madison, WI. called the Great Dane Pub & Brewing Company. This was one of the best IPAs I've had east of the Rockies. Fun little place to go and the food was not to bad either. Traveling the Globe...ok, just the North American continent in search of the perfect pint on IPA. Hops, they are not just for breakfast anymore.