Skip to main content

Ok, I had to do this one.

This comes from the Disgruntled Chemist. I don't normaly do list as nobody really cares what I like or anything like that. And mostly because the people that know me know that I like strange things and the people that don't really know me, well I would like to keep them around for a little bit longer.

I'm a car guy, so here goes:



1. Favorite Car? 1957 Jaguar XKSS. This is pure art in motion. Aston Martin DB2

2. Favorite Car you've ever owned? 1962 Impala SS Convertible/1960 Austin Heally 3000


3. Car you would be embarrassed to be seen driving? Anything from France.

4. Next car you plan to buy? Classic Mini Cooper. Please don't tell the DW.


5. Next car you would buy for daily use if money were no object? Refer to number one.


6. What bumper stickers or other decorations, if any, do you have on your car? None


7. Average annual miles you put on your primary vehicle? Company truck, 50,000

8. Describe your driving style. Fast and smile at local law enforcement. I'm the guy you are looking out for.


9. Average highway cruising speed. 5 Miles per hour over posted limit.


10. Fastest you've ever driven?176 MPH at the Richard Petty Driving Experience. 140 plus on the open road.

11. Do you race people at stop lights? No, not really, well not very much, OK sometimes.

12. Will you cross a solid yellow or double yellow to pass someone? No


13. Do you tailgate or flash your high-beams at people in front of you? I would have to go with YES on that one. Come on here people, use your rear view mirror and get the hell out of the way.


14. Worst accident you've ever been in? I was hit head on by a drunk driver and totaled out my 1962 Impala.


15. About how many speeding tickets have you gotten? 4

16. Ever gotten a DUI/DWI? No

17. What kind of car repairs and/or maintenance can you do? Complete car rebuilds including paint. I don't do interiors.

18. Have you ever modified a car you own from stock? The question should be, what car have I not modified from stock?

19. What do you listen to while driving? The radio, CDs, or just run with the window down.


20. Favorite driving song? The list is way to long to type here.

21. Do you use an air freshener in your car, and if so, what scent? No.


22. Messy or clean? Super Clean...I have a black truck with no swirl marks in the paint, and if you have to ask, you would not understand. You can eat off the dash or floor mats. I'm just a little OCD when it comes to my truck.


23. When you and the spouse/significant other go out together, who drives? Me.

All names have been changed to protect the not so Innocent.

Comments

Kelsgarden said…
{so NOT commenting here, I do NOT want to encourage you}
WickedHamster said…
Yep! No surprises here!
Me said…
Car talk? I'm going to sit next to Monkeydragon instead and talk about kids and Christmas cookies and stuff.

:)
Anonymous said…
Ah, French cars, my first "NEW" car was a Renault Le' Car, bought at Christmas time about 22-23 years ago to replace the Rabit diesel that was going through heads every 20,000 miles.

Le' Car was great for the first 30,000 miles or so. Then no one could figure out how to glue back on the parts that kept falling off. I got to the point that I could replace the shift bushings in less then 5 minutes (I kept spares (yes plural spares) in the glove compartment.) It had the coldest air conditioning I have ever seen, frost would develop on the dash vents on a long trip. But then the brakes went out and no one could figure out where the brake fluid was going, after a couple of months of going from mechanic to mechanic I gave up and traded her on a Toyota.

DG
Kelsgarden said…
#6 you have to admit to the OPB and Wildlife Federation stickers, it's your car too

#8 competitive

#11 now that questions only limits it to stop light, right? they don't want to know about passing or anything else?

#15 oh, really . . .

#23 when I let you

Popular posts from this blog

Wild cow and Druish Deities

I have been blessed with being able to drive some of the most unbelievable roads ever paved. Last week I found myself on HWY 108 in Central California. 130 Miles 26% grade 9624 at the summit 4 hours to drive this route This photo is looking west just down from the summit. I could live here with the wild cows. A lone wild cow at the 9000 foot level just making sure that nobody is speeding along.

1st car?

So, what did you drive to High School, what was your first car? Did you have a 'love of you life" car? First Car: 1953 Cadillac Coupe DeVille Cars I drove to High School: 1953 Caddillac Coupe DeVille 1962 Impala SS Convertable 1971 Corvette Convertable 1960 Austin Healy Convertable 1964 Cadillac Eldorado convertable "Love of my life" car: 1962 Impala SS Convertable 1960 Austin Healy convertable

Madison, WI.

The whole theme today was a Woodchuck and his ale. I found a nice little place in downtown Madison, WI. called the Great Dane Pub & Brewing Company. This was one of the best IPAs I've had east of the Rockies. Fun little place to go and the food was not to bad either. Traveling the Globe...ok, just the North American continent in search of the perfect pint on IPA. Hops, they are not just for breakfast anymore.