Skip to main content

I'm so over snow..

The Snow can melt now....Anything more than a dusting and I'm up to my butt in snow and it does get cold.




So, here we are at the end of June and I'm still playing in the snow. The snow is still about 3-4' deep at the summit of HWY 410 in Washington.
















Looking East from the summit.
















Going up to the summit.















And one should always know where they have been.















And where they are going.

And thanks to HWY 123 being closed, I had a 150 mile detour instead of the 30 miles on HWY 123. Can someone say "CRAP"

Comments

Me said…
Seriously? Snow in Washington at this time of year?

The view in the photos is fabulous. I say that as I look out my patio door and see corn. More corn. And... yep, more corn.

;)
WickedHamster said…
Oh my! Poor chilly little rodent!
Kelsgarden said…
Oh, and you should have seen the freeze when he got home 2 hours late.
WickedHamster said…
Eeeeeeee!!! Poor, poor little rodent!
Anonymous said…
I thought I told him 123 was closed, or was it 321 chug a beer??

I can't remember...

Cold medicine and scotch do make good bedfellows.

:-)
volvomom said…
OK, seeing this while it's 100 degrees here just freaks me out. I don't know why. Maybe I need to cut back on the grad school classes and go to bed.
Woodchuck said…
Yes, sleep is good. Just relax and close your eyes and dream of hot coffee cups jumping the fence.
Bert said…
Give me a C

C!

Give me an R

R!

Give me an A

A!

Give me a P

P!
Travel said…
Oh Shit!
Stay warm and rest. Call the nest and let the family know when you are behind schedule.

DG

Popular posts from this blog

1st car?

So, what did you drive to High School, what was your first car? Did you have a 'love of you life" car? First Car: 1953 Cadillac Coupe DeVille Cars I drove to High School: 1953 Caddillac Coupe DeVille 1962 Impala SS Convertable 1971 Corvette Convertable 1960 Austin Healy Convertable 1964 Cadillac Eldorado convertable "Love of my life" car: 1962 Impala SS Convertable 1960 Austin Healy convertable

Busted yet again

Now that we are POD people and all, I have to clean out the crawl space under 1/2 our house. The problem with this is that I sort of let DW think that there was very little to nothing left down there. SHE FOUND OUT THAT THERE IS STILL A TON OF CRAP DOWN THERE. So now I'm picking up Cat crap as one of the furry little varmints started to live in the crawl space. I've moved out the eight pedal cars that were down there. I took what was left of the rafting/camping stuff over to fuzzballs place. And I really should call and tell him I did so, then again, maybe not. Now all I have to do is take down the shelves, finish taking the old store records out, and what else? Deck lid...check 6 boxes of toys...check road bike and trainer...check neon beer signs.....check old beer mirrors.....check raft and gear....check more old toys....double check Why is all of my crap in the crawl space? Don't answer as that was a rhetorical question. So in case I didn't mention this, we are movin...

Madison, WI.

The whole theme today was a Woodchuck and his ale. I found a nice little place in downtown Madison, WI. called the Great Dane Pub & Brewing Company. This was one of the best IPAs I've had east of the Rockies. Fun little place to go and the food was not to bad either. Traveling the Globe...ok, just the North American continent in search of the perfect pint on IPA. Hops, they are not just for breakfast anymore.