Skip to main content

My computer is baaaaack.

With Parts Falling Out of IT.

So, I call the IT guys and tell them what is going on.

IT: Does it still work

Me: yup

IT: Maybe you should keep the loaner for a week or so, just in case.

Me: yup

Me: One tiny little question, very minor really,,, what about the software issue on the loaner computer? I mean, I don't want to be any trouble here.

IT: Hhhhmmmm, maybe we should send you a CD with what you need?

me: yup

Won't I look good going through the airports, I'm soooo important that I need, not one, but two computers. My job is so big it won't fit into just one. Why back up important information when you can have a back up computer.

I'm off to the hardware store now for some black duct tape and JB Weld. I have silver duct tape at the house, but I feel that the higher tinsel strength that you get with black out weights the higher speed rating on the silver. And why JB Weld, in case I need to put any of the parts back in.

Comments

Kelsgarden said…
If you had read your HORRORscope you would have been prepared for this:

A delivery of some kind that you were expecting to come from far away might be delayed, causing you to wonder if it might have been lost. It hasn't - it's just delayed. Unfortunately, there's not much you can do but wait. Mechanical equipment could also go out of whack, necessitating calling in a repairman. This could set you back some and make you antsy. Try to find something else to do!


You forgot to mention the part about DHL trying to deliver it to a Cambodian family on the other side of town . . .

And IT said they were maybe sending a Dell repairman out next week . . .

I think you need to find something else to do . . . like move the furniture and buy a TV . . . maybe . . .
Unknown said…
Damn IT people. Anti-social geeks, all of them. Oh, wait, I'm an IT person. Well, at least the description fits.
Kelsgarden said…
ok Khyle - since you're the IT guy, er guru - what's with PP blowing up pictures and leaving you with the red "X" of doom ???

and don't give me the crap about memory - the company has furnished him with a lovely 2000 model, in fact Barbie has the same model, uh, at least same size ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Wild cow and Druish Deities

I have been blessed with being able to drive some of the most unbelievable roads ever paved. Last week I found myself on HWY 108 in Central California. 130 Miles 26% grade 9624 at the summit 4 hours to drive this route This photo is looking west just down from the summit. I could live here with the wild cows. A lone wild cow at the 9000 foot level just making sure that nobody is speeding along.

1st car?

So, what did you drive to High School, what was your first car? Did you have a 'love of you life" car? First Car: 1953 Cadillac Coupe DeVille Cars I drove to High School: 1953 Caddillac Coupe DeVille 1962 Impala SS Convertable 1971 Corvette Convertable 1960 Austin Healy Convertable 1964 Cadillac Eldorado convertable "Love of my life" car: 1962 Impala SS Convertable 1960 Austin Healy convertable

Madison, WI.

The whole theme today was a Woodchuck and his ale. I found a nice little place in downtown Madison, WI. called the Great Dane Pub & Brewing Company. This was one of the best IPAs I've had east of the Rockies. Fun little place to go and the food was not to bad either. Traveling the Globe...ok, just the North American continent in search of the perfect pint on IPA. Hops, they are not just for breakfast anymore.