Skip to main content

My kids are forever messed up...

So, I'm commenting on Of Muskies and Metal and we start talking about Dokken and
George Lynch. This brings back memory's of younger days with hair, so I bring out the Dokken CD and start playing it in the trusty steed. My two little rodents in the back start singing to the songs at which point my DW turns around and asks my oldest DD " Do you even know what band this is"? To which my DD replies " It's Dokken" with that Duh look on her face. My DW then turns to the younger child and asks "what is the name of the song"? And she replies "
Alone Again" also with the Duh look on her face.

I love my kids. They rock, no, I really mean they rock.

If you like Dokken, try Lynch Mob. Lynch Mob is the band that George Lynch formed after the break up of Dokken.

I'm a little old school and feel that if you are going to get just one album, go for Wicked Sensation from 1990. Much darker than what he did with Dokken, very raw in form. I like this album a lot.Best bet: "Hell Child" and "Bed of Roses".

The album "Lynch Mob" from 1992 is more produced and most likely a better album. I still like Wicked Sensation better. "No Good" is the best on the album.I've not heard "REvolution", which is the last album that I know of.

Comments

Kelsgarden said…
yeah, I had to ask them to review the "Double Take" exhibit and do a venn diagram today just to balance this influence -

I think I may have to go as far as a compare/contrats essay . . .

a little NPR and Pink Martini in the Subaru today to "balance" your influence . . .
Muskyboy said…
Yep, when my 11 year old pulled out his Iron Maiden CD I almost cried I was so proud. Some how Momma Musky didn't see it the same way...but hell she likes C&W.
Me said…
Ahhhh you rockin' little Woodchuck. You KNOW I knew who you were talking about! Not that I was huge fans of them, but I was a fan by default of the 'boyfriend' at the time (who became my husband!)

I'm just glad he didn't want to name our first born son George!

(Although he was almost named Zakk Sebastian... for Zakk Wylde and Sebastian Bach!)
Kelsgarden said…
Meritt - ah, but Maraya is named after the band Saraya and Elleah after the Donny Iris song "Ah, Leah"

Man, at least their middle names are quasi normal - from Star Trek!
Bert said…
YOU HAD HAIR????????????
Kelsgarden said…
and he styled it similar to David Lee Roth he did -

no, no, didn't know him then . . .

Popular posts from this blog

Wild cow and Druish Deities

I have been blessed with being able to drive some of the most unbelievable roads ever paved. Last week I found myself on HWY 108 in Central California. 130 Miles 26% grade 9624 at the summit 4 hours to drive this route This photo is looking west just down from the summit. I could live here with the wild cows. A lone wild cow at the 9000 foot level just making sure that nobody is speeding along.

1st car?

So, what did you drive to High School, what was your first car? Did you have a 'love of you life" car? First Car: 1953 Cadillac Coupe DeVille Cars I drove to High School: 1953 Caddillac Coupe DeVille 1962 Impala SS Convertable 1971 Corvette Convertable 1960 Austin Healy Convertable 1964 Cadillac Eldorado convertable "Love of my life" car: 1962 Impala SS Convertable 1960 Austin Healy convertable

Madison, WI.

The whole theme today was a Woodchuck and his ale. I found a nice little place in downtown Madison, WI. called the Great Dane Pub & Brewing Company. This was one of the best IPAs I've had east of the Rockies. Fun little place to go and the food was not to bad either. Traveling the Globe...ok, just the North American continent in search of the perfect pint on IPA. Hops, they are not just for breakfast anymore.